[Rd] libR.dylib on OS X

Stefano Iacus jago at mclink.it
Sun Oct 19 11:19:33 MEST 2003

Jan,
If you inted to use RAqua as a CLI app you don't need to do "make
install" but only "make install-aqua" and create a couple of symlinks.
Otherwise you have conflicts. If you install the RAqua from CRAN and
apply the symlinks as explained int eh ReadME file you'll have an
equivalent version R as of installing from sources with make install.

I have discussed a bit with Simon on the relocatable possibility for
RAqua.
I think we will have something ready for 1.9 and /Library/Frameworks is
probably a good place.
Having not a monolithic app means that you should also provide a
un-installer, otherwise dragging RAqua icon into the trashcan only
removes a couple of bytes but the rest of 50mb still resides in your
system (the same for user installed packages).

The other problem we are faced is the startup script R, if you move it
you need to take care of $R_HOME and other similar things. Simon seems
to have a solution for this.

We will probably be able to use one bumping app only (i.e. only RAqua
and not the couple of StartR and RAqua).

To summarize: it's in the todo list of R 1.9.0 (as well as the
eventloop problem which should be a cross platform solution tough).

stefano