[Rd] potentially nasty interaction between R 1.8.0 and tetex

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Thu Sep 11 10:21:09 MEST 2003

Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 11:00:13AM +0200, Friedrich.Leisch at ci.tuwien.ac.at wrote:
>>   > We'd probably want to take a closer look at what the issue really
>>   > is,
>>
>> yes, definitely
>
> Yep.
>
>> My system has:
>>
>> galadriel:Leisch$ dpkg -l tetex*
>> ii  tetex-base     2.0.2-4.1      basic teTeX library files
>> ii  tetex-bin      2.0.2-4.2      teTeX binary files
>> ii  tetex-doc      2.0.2-4.1      teTeX documentation
>> ii  tetex-extra    2.0.2-4.1      extra teTeX library files
>
> Sure, that was public knowledge as we know you run testing. What we need is
> some 'meta diff' over tetex, just like Peter suggested.

501$ dpkg -l tetex*

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
un  tetex          <none>         (no description available)
ii  tetex-base     2.0.2-4.2      Basic library files of teTeX
ii  tetex-bin      2.0.2-4.3      The teTeX binary files
pn  tetex-brev     <none>         (no description available)
un  tetex-dev      <none>         (no description available)
pn  tetex-doc      <none>         (no description available)
pn  tetex-eurosym  <none>         (no description available)
ii  tetex-extra    2.0.2-4.2      Additional library files of teTeX
un  tetex-french   <none>         (no description available)
pn  tetex-frogg    <none>         (no description available)
pn  tetex-frogg-do <none>         (no description available)
pn  tetex-lib      <none>         (no description available)
un  tetex-nonfree  <none>         (no description available)
pn  tetex-src      <none>         (no description available)

> Tony:  Is there a changelog entry somewhere in tetex which reveals anything?

Looking over the Debian changelogs reveals nothing -- just maintainer
stuff.

Fritz, where is "Blue" and "Red" defined in your distribution?

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}