[Rd] win.metafile, devga, tkrplot in R 1.8.0

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Fri Sep 12 18:17:22 MEST 2003

Hi,

I just downloaded
rw1080dev.exe           09-Sep-2003 07:42  21.6M
from
http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/software/r-devel/
and tried using tkrplot on Windows 2000.

.First.lib failed to load the dll:
.Tcl(paste("load", file, "Rplot"))
appeared to be mixing up double-backslashes and forward slashes:
 [tcl] couldn't load library "C:w1080devlibrary  krplot/libs/tkrplot.dll":
this library or a dependent library could not be found in library path.

When I loaded the dll manually with dyn.load (successfully), I
then found that win.metafile (used by the tkrplot function)
failed:

win.metafile()
Error in win.metafile() : 10 arguments passed to "devga" which requires 13.

More info on devga, see:
R-1.8.0/src/gnuwin32/devga.c
R-1.8.0/src/gnuwin32/dodevga.c
R-1.8.0/src/gnuwin32/devga.h