[Rd] Problem building methods package?

Byron Ellis bellis at hsph.harvard.edu
Sun Sep 14 02:14:11 MEST 2003

For the last, I dunno, week or so I've been unable to build R... I
finally took the time to investigate and the crash is in building
'methods':

all.R is unchanged
../../../library/methods/man/methods.Rd is unchanged
make[2]: `Makedeps' is up to date.
../../../../library/methods/libs/methods.so is unchanged
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `Rfiles'.

Any clues to where this came from? Regenerating the Makefiles didn't
seem to help. OS X, 10.2.6, gcc3.3 rsync about 6 hours old. Should I
just nuke the whole build tree and rsync everything again?

---
Byron Ellis (bellis at hsph.harvard.edu)
"Oook" - The Librarian