[Rd] grep in version 1.8 (PR#4231)

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Sun Sep 21 15:58:54 MEST 2003

Duncan Murdoch <dmurdoch at pair.com> writes:

> On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:23:57 +0200 (MET DST), you wrote:
>
>>This is not a bug! It works when compiling from clean sources.
>>
>>I guess you have unpacked new sources over old sources? Please clean the
>>directory before unpacking a new version, and try to compile again. A
>>couple of us ran in the same problem during the last weeks.
>
> I don't know if this is what happened here, but this kind of thing
> also happens when using rsync, not just when unpacking tarballs:
> rsync won't delete obsolete files.  Anonymous cvs wouldn't have this
> problem.

While my opinion of anon rsync vs anon cvs is probably well known,
this just isn't "quite" true.

Use the --delete option, i.e.  a form like:

    rsync -avz --delete

to "clean out" the directory.  (of course, this might not be what you
really want to do :-).

best,
-tony

p.s. Duncan, I've been hyper-occupied, but will fire off something
later tonight.

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}