[Rd] R CMD check on Win fails to detect failed installations (PR#6768)

ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Apr 15 11:19:09 CEST 2004

I just post it not to forget - will try to contribute a fix.

Example: CDNmoney_2003.9-2.tar.gz (in the archives section of CRAN)
[There is another problem here I'll address separately.]

If running solely,
   R CMD check CDNmoney
fails to detect a failed installation on Windows. Instead, it reports:
* checking whether package 'CDNmoney' can be installed ... OK

Of course, the check fails later, but with some meaningless error messages.

The repository maintainer's approach works (i.e. detects the problem):

   R INSTALL CDNmoney > install.log 2>&1
   R CMD check --install="check:install.log" CDNmoney

Uwe Ligges

--please do not edit the information below--

Version:
  platform = i386-pc-mingw32
  arch = i386
  os = mingw32
  system = i386, mingw32
  status =
  major = 1
  minor = 9.0
  year = 2004
  month = 04
  day = 12
  language = R

Windows NT 4.0 (build 1381) Service Pack 6

Search Path:
  .GlobalEnv, package:methods, package:stats, package:graphics,
package:utils, Autoloads, package:base