[Rd] boxplot documentation (PR#6833)

maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 28 09:21:23 CEST 2004

    arnima> Dear r-bugs, The boxplot documentation states that
    arnima> "if outline is not true, the boxplot lines are not
    arnima> drawn" but it turns out that the outliers are not
    arnima> drawn.

correct.  Thank you.  --> will be fixed in R-patched.

[ and effectively, the argument name, inherited from S, is a bit
 of a misnomer for R : We don't draw the outliers as lines but
 as pointsi, i.e., if we wouldn't want to be S-compatible we'd
 have to name it 'outpoint' which I wouldn't like either, but
 would rather use something like `out.draw' (TRUE : 'draw' outliers)
]

Martin Maechler