[Rd] a simple suggestion for the next version of R windows

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Thu Apr 29 14:15:10 CEST 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:17:30 +0100 (BST), Prof Brian Ripley
<ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 Mark.Bravington at csiro.au wrote:

>> mvbutils doesn't change the title bar but if the functionality gets
>added to R, I'll incorporate it as an option. I too dislike not being
>able to easily distinguish R icons, which is mainly why I end up
>working in MDI mode.
>
>It already has been: take a look at the r-devel version (and Duncan M has
>a pre-compiled binary up).

The usual warnings apply to using that version:  it's a development
version, and not as stable as a release.  In fact, twice I've seen
access violations associated with copying and pasting, but haven't
tracked down the exact conditions yet.  If anyone can make this error
reproducible please let me know how, and I'll fix it.

Duncan Murdoch