[Rd] plot(x,y) core dump

Paul Murrell p.murrell at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Aug 2 00:34:33 CEST 2004

Hi

Rf_allocNewX11DeviceDesc is called by newX11DeviceDriver and the latter
needs to check the value returned.  I think Brian Ripley has made a fix
for this problem in the development version of R.  The first few lines
of newX11DeviceDriver now look like ...

     newX11Desc *xd;
     char *fn;

     xd = Rf_allocNewX11DeviceDesc(pointsize);
     if(!xd) return FALSE;

Unfortunately, your next problem may be that you can't start an X11
device (it looks like you are failing to allocate memory for the device).

Paul

Dr Paul Murrell
Department of Statistics
The University of Auckland