[Rd] Install packages does not work on Win2003 server (PR#7163)

walke at demogr.mpg.de walke at demogr.mpg.de
Thu Aug 12 13:24:58 CEST 2004

Full_Name: Rainer Walke
Version: 1.9.1
OS: Windows XP
Submission from: (NULL) (195.37.34.66)

I tried to install R 1.9.1 on a network share on a Windows 2003 server. This
works fine. Then I tried to add some packages. This does not work.
There is no error message. It seems to hang a while, but then the command prompt
is back, but no package has been installed.

If you check the directory rw1091\library then a temporary directory file*
appears and disappears after a minute.

If I use a Windows NT client to add the packages at a Windows 2003 server it
works.
If I use a Windows XP client to add packages at a Windows NT share it work
either.