[Rd] re: R-1.9.1 preferences (PR#7170)

stefano iacus jago at mclink.it
Sat Aug 14 01:59:16 CEST 2004

On Aug 14, 2004, at 1:43 AM, leroy at ucsd.edu wrote:

> okay, so checking the "override" box at the bottom of the menu allows
> the changes to take effect.
>
> I still don't understand why you need to have the "override" box there
> in the first place

if, in  the R Console, you specify arguments in quartz() than the
behaviour is the following: if you didn't check the "override" box,
specified arguments are used, otherwise (the box is checked) the
arguments you pass in quartz() are ignored and preferences parameters
are used instead.
We needed a criteria to let R understand what to do with two different
specifications of input arguments.

stefano