[Rd] gcc optimization flag when building R

Vadim Ogranovich vograno at evafunds.com
Fri Aug 20 19:20:02 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am building R on RH Linux 7.3 and I noticed that ./configure does not
set the optimization flag, -O or -O2, for gcc, but does set for g++ and
g77. Why is that? Should I try to set it manually, if yes how?

Thanks,
Vadim

P.S. This is the bottom portion of the ./configure run

R is now configured for i686-pc-linux-gnu

  Source directory:          .
  Installation directory:    /usr/local

  C compiler:                gcc -D__NO_MATH_INLINES -mieee-fp -DNO_PURE
-Wchar-subscripts -Wformat -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wreorder
-Wwrite-strings -Woverloaded-virtual -Wshadow -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy
-m486 -fPIC -DOSRELMAJOR=2 -DOSRELMINOR=4
  C++ compiler:              g++ -mieee-fp -g -O2
  Fortran compiler:          g77 -mieee-fp -g -O2

  Interfaces supported:      X11, tcltk
  External libraries:        readline, BLAS(generic)
  Additional capabilities:   PNG, JPEG
  Options enabled:           R profiling

  Recommended packages:      yes

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]