[Rd] R as shared library

Jeffrey Horner jeff.horner at vanderbilt.edu
Fri Aug 20 21:16:58 CEST 2004

Byron Ellis wrote:
> Building the callbacks is possible. Basically, you need to construct a
> fake DllInfo object for Apache and then use R_registerRoutines to attach
> the callbacks to R as it if were a normal R package registering its
> routines.
>
> I might have a simple example of this lying around, I'll see if I can
> find it (especially since it seems I'll be needing it myself soon :-))

Yes. I thought about that, but that solution may break on future R
releases and may hinder porting to other platforms outside of the UNIX
family. I'm going to try Duncan's suggestion of a third dll which will
install like a traditional R package.

--
Jeffrey Horner       Computer Systems Analyst         School of Medicine
615-322-8606         Department of Biostatistics   Vanderbilt University