[Rd] R as shared library

Warnes, Gregory R gregory_r_warnes at groton.pfizer.com
Wed Aug 25 23:08:02 CEST 2004

Jeff,

Does apache use threads?  If it does, I would recommend *not* directly
putting R into the apache server for the simple reason that R is not
thread-safe.

You might find it simpler (and cleaner) to use the RSOAP
(http://rsoap.sf.net) interface to connect R with apache.  I originally
created RSOAP to get allow me to connect the ZOPE web application system's
web server to R.

-Greg