[Rd] Packing of data files in packages

Wolski wolski at molgen.mpg.de
Fri Aug 27 17:51:40 CEST 2004

Hi Kjetil!

I would pack the files, as you said, and use functions to read from zipped files.

You can place the data file in the directory e.g inst/mydata.
See (writing R extension to know more about the inst directory)
After installing the package you can get the path to the mydata direcotry using the function ?system.file
dir<-system.file("mydata",package="mypackage")

Eryk