[Rd] Problem with Rcmdr Help menu under devel version of R 2.0.0

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sun Aug 29 15:18:21 CEST 2004

Dear Brian,

Thank you very much for this -- I didn't grasp the implication of the NEWS
item.

I still have a small residual problem with respect to notification of
multiple matches, etc.: My normal procedure is to redirect informational
messages from the console to tcltk message boxes, but I can't figure out how
to suppress console output of these messages. If the messages were issued
via warning() rather than writeLines() in print.help_files_with_topic(), I'd
intercept them. Is there a reason for bypassing warning()?

Again, thanks.
 John