[Rd] Problem with Rcmdr Help menu under devel version of R 2.0.0

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sun Aug 29 16:28:16 CEST 2004

Dear Brian,

OK -- it's simple for me to replace all the calls to writeLines() in
print.help_files_with_topic() with calls to warning(), but since these are
warning messages, I don't see why the former is preferred to the latter
(though, of course, I may be missing something -- and, as you say, you
didn't write this code). Or is your point more general -- that I should have
a different generic print function? If so, how could I avoid writing new
print methods? (Again, perhaps there's a general solution here that I don't
see.)

Regards,
 John