[Rd] R-2.0.0 (devel) binary Windows package problems; was: Problem with Rcmdr Help menu under devel version of R 2.0.0

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sun Aug 29 16:59:07 CEST 2004

John Fox wrote:
> Dear Uwe,
>
> Brian has solved my help problem. I assume that you're responding to my
> report of problems with some R 2.0.0 Windows binary packages on CRAN.

John,

you are right (I was in hurry this morning, hence the too short answer).
Thanks for reporting your problems.

The problem with package dependencies was my fault and will be fixed
tomorrow. I was not careful enough during the last complete update of
the binary packages (the scipts should have removed strucchange for
R-2.0.0 also from the PACKAGES file, since it gives an error - Achim
might want to fix it).

Wrong MD5 checksums are also reported by the machine I'm compiling the
packages on. Look's like something has been chenged - but I do not know
what ...
Just ignore the warnings and trust your updated virus scanner in the
meantime. ;-)

Uwe