[Rd] Problem with R --gui=GNOME when launched from a menu system

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Aug 31 04:38:58 CEST 2004

A Debian user filed a bug report the details of which are at
	http://bugs.debian.org/269107

I can replicate his problem: the R/Gnome entry that is made available to the
various window managers fails. A window pops, and exists.

As far as I can tell, the menuing system does not have a problem with shell
script wrapper. Environment variables like PATH, DISPLAY etc should be set
too.  So the best idea I am having now is that R _may_ think that
interactive() is FALSE when it should in fact be TRUE.

Does anybody have a) other ideas, and fixes, or b) an idea how I could
correct the menuing system?

Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx