[Rd] Problem with R --gui=GNOME when launched from a menu system

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 31 15:21:40 CEST 2004

What are stdin/stdout/stderr connected to when you do that? R --gui=GNOME
does write certain error messages (from GDK/GTK) to the controlling
terminal so you may need one, at least if there is an error/warning.

I see gnome_start in src/modules/gnome/system.c has

    R_Interactive = isatty(0);

I would think that was blind copying.  Please see if setting it to 1
helps.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk