[Rd] \link{} to help pages in Debian

Iago Mosqueira imosqueira at suk.azti.es
Wed Dec 1 10:02:50 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 07:38, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> That's guaranteed by the R install scripts, just by following `Writing R
> Extensions'.  *If* it is not working for you, you are doing something
> which you are not telling us.

Well, I am simply following as much as my, probably limited,
understanding allows. I am using a stock Debian install, r-base and
other packages from debian, and extra packages from CRAN. My package
follows, as far as I can tell, the manual. If I am doing something else
I am not conscious of it.

> Ah, but that is not what you actually said (an example of the lack of
> clarity).

At least that´s what I tried to do.

> I still don't know if you are imagining that there might be a problem that
> you want to write a package to avoid, or that you have a current problem.

I´ll rather use my imagination for something else. This is a problem
with my own package, that in fact passes R CMD check.

> If the latter, please start again with the full details: which packages,
> the commands you used to install them, what happens and what the links in
> the html file concerned are.

Here we go: The package concerned is my own, which passes check fine. I
include \code{\link{plot.default}} in a help page. After R CMD INSTALL
this page gets installed in

 /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/mypackage/html/page.html
and when clicking on the plot.default link, it points to

 /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/graphics/html/plotdefault.html

 instead of

/usr/lib/R/library/graphics/html/plotdefault.html

where in fact lives.

Both locations appear with .libPaths().

Any other information that can be of help?

Cheers,

Iago Mosqueira