[Rd] Wishlist: simple legend options (PR#7400)

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Fri Dec 3 04:08:11 CET 2004

 <epurdom <at> stanford.edu> writes:

:
: Full_Name: Elizabeth Purdom
: Version: 1.9.1
: OS: Windows XP
: Submission from: (NULL) (171.64.102.199)
:
: It would be nice if legend had the option of some default locations you could
: choose instead of entering specific coordinates, like "topleft",
: "topright","topcenter", etc. based on par("usr") coordinates. I know I've
wanted
: it so often I've made my own simple non-robust wrap-around, so I don't have
: remember or parse the xjust and yjust options necessary to make it work. Of
: course there should be the option of entering in your own coordinates.

Check out smartlengend in package gtools which is part of the gregmisc
bundle.  I agtee its a useful feature and it would be nice if that
feature migrated to the base graphics.

:
: Also it would be nice to be able to put a optional title inside your legend.
: Currently I just make my title the first value in my legend vector, and then
fix
: the other options so no symbols plot next to it. But this isn't always a
pretty
: result and can be a pain if your symbols are complicated.
:
: Thanks,
: Elizabeth
:
: R-devel <at> stat.math.ethz.ch mailing list
: https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
:
: