[Rd] Modulus Bug (PR#7409)

Robert.McGehee at geodecapital.com Robert.McGehee at geodecapital.com
Thu Dec 9 08:28:43 CET 2004

R Developers,

1000000000000000000 %% 11
[1] -32

I now understand that integers cannot be larger than
.Machine$integer.max, but because the above produces a result than is
patently wrong instead of an error, I'm reporting this as a bug.

Thank you for the incredible contributions all of you have made in
developing the R platform.

Best,
Robert

Robert McGehee
Geode Capital Management, LLC
53 State Street, 5th Floor | Boston, MA | 02109
Tel: 617/392-8396    Fax:617/476-6389
mailto:robert.mcgehee at geodecapital.com

This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, are intended for use by the
addressee(s) only and may contain information that is (i) confidential
information of Geode Capital Management, LLC and/or its affiliates,
and/or (ii) proprietary information of Geode Capital Management, LLC
and/or its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, or if you have otherwise received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify me by telephone (you may call collect), or by e-mail,
and please permanently delete the original, any print outs and any
copies of the foregoing. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited.