[Rd] R, fptex, MikTex

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Mon Dec 20 18:48:36 CET 2004

According to the following Windows package building info:

   http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/

fptex is easier to install with the R package building tools than
MikTex.  I have been using MikTex but was thinking of switching
over to fptex to simplify my setup.

My concern is that I have other latex files not related to R
that use MikTex.  I am considering two situations:

1. Both. Has anyone installed both on their system?  Are
there problems that I should know about if I do that?
If it causes me problems will I be able to easily back out
of them and get back to my current setup?

2. Convert to fptex. What about converting everything over
from MikTex to fptex?  What sort of problems can I expect if
I switch?

Any advice on this?  Thanks.