[Rd] RE: [R] SAS or R software

Warnes, Gregory R gregory.r.warnes at pfizer.com
Mon Dec 20 22:13:33 CET 2004

Yes, par(family="mono") would work, except that I get R segfaults from this
sequence:

> plot.new()
> par(family="mono")
> par(cex=8)
> strheight("foo")

Process R segmentation fault (core dumped) at Mon Dec 20 16:07:56 2004

on R 2.0.1 (2004-11-15), Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3

In my code I call strheight and strwidth several times in order to find a
cex that makes the text best fit the display area.  Once the segfaulting is
fixed, I'll update my code to use par(family="mono").

-G

LEGAL NOTICE\ Unless expressly stated otherwise, this messag...{{dropped}}