mono fonts (was RE: [Rd] RE: [R] SAS or R software)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 20 22:39:19 CET 2004

[Please update the subject line, folks!]

We need to know the device in use here ... and only a few support this
mechanism.

If it is X11(), I suspect the problem is in what fonts are available,
since cex=8 is pretty extreme.  So most likely you need to contribute a
patch based on debugging on your system.

BTW, for those who missed this, see Paul's article in the Sept 2004
R-News.

BTW^2 some devices have supported fixed-width fonts for many years.