[Rd] R-2.0.2 soon?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 21 13:51:45 CET 2004

Development updates never go into a patch release, that is neither 2.0.1
nor 2.0.2.

R 2.0.2 will only be released if at some point there are enough important
patches in the current R-patched.  That looks pretty unlikely to me.
All the current fixes are quite esoteric except a workaround for Windows
errors in isprint, which was not reported against 2.0.0 and seems to
affect only a few languages on a few Windows variants.

R-devel will a.s. become R 2.1.0 around next April 1.  It is currently
quite unfinished.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk