[Rd] help with Rcmd check

Whit Armstrong Whit.Armstrong at tudor.com
Wed Dec 29 17:39:33 CET 2004

Thanks for your help Prof. Ripley and Dirk.

My shared lib was indeed loading (I could successfully load it manually and
call the external functions).

The package uses the java JNI, and one of the options I was passing to
initiate the JVM was -verbose:jni.

A ton of debug info was being printed to the screen every time the shared
lib was loaded.  I think that this output was causing problems with Rcmd
check.

Here is some of the output from the JVM init:

[Dynamic-linking native method java.lang.StrictMath.pow ... JNI]
[Dynamic-linking native method java.lang.Float.intBitsToFloat ... JNI]
[Dynamic-linking native method java.lang.Double.longBitsToDouble ... JNI]
[Dynamic-linking native method java.lang.Float.floatToIntBits ... JNI]
[Dynamic-linking native method java.lang.Double.doubleToLongBits ... JNI]
[Dynamic-linking native method java.lang.Object.registerNatives ... JNI]
[Registering JNI native method java.lang.Object.hashCode]
[Registering JNI native method java.lang.Object.wait]
and so on.

When I remove the verbose option from the JVM init (in the C code), then it
passes Rcmd check w/ no problems.

I have one more question on Makefile vs Makevars vs configure which I'll
post separately.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,
Whit