[Rd] error in building R-1.9.0 sources under Win32

Jamie Jarabek jjarabek at stat.ufl.edu
Sun Feb 1 02:11:30 MET 2004

I am trying to compile the R-dev sources on WinXP using mingw 3.1.0-1
and fpTeX 0.7. In the past I
have been able to build the sources fine but now I receive an error in
the process that I havent seen reported on the list before. Everything
works fine until I get to 'make docs'. I now get the message below while
building the R-admin manual (refman.pdf builds fine) and the make
process quits. The error message this has to do with txi-en.tex so I put
txi-en.tex in path_to_tex/texmf/tex/texinfo where I believe it should be
(the full installation of fpTeX did not come with this file). 'make
distribution' also fails with the same error message. Any thoughts on
what is going wrong here?

Jamie Jarabek

####################

TEXINPUTS="../../share/texmf;$TEXINPUTS"  pdftex R-admin.texi
This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.11b (Web2c 7.5.2)
 %&-line parsing enabled.
 (g:/fpTeX/texmf/web2c/cp8bit.tcx)
(./R-admin.texi{g:/fpTeX/texmf-var/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg}
Babel <v3.7o> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang,
nohyphenation, ba
sque, czech, slovak, german, ngerman, danish, spanish, catalan, finnish,
french
, ukenglish, greek, croatian, hungarian, italian, latin, mongolian,
dutch, norw
egian, polish, portuguese, russian, ukrainian, serbocroat, swedish, loaded.
(./texinfo.tex Loading texinfo [version 2003-08-13.14]: Basics, pdf,
(./pdfcolor.tex) hello fonts, page headings, tables, conditionals, indexing,
sectioning, toc, environments, defuns, macros, cross references,
(g:/fpTeX/texmf/tex/generic/dvips/epsf.tex) localization,
and turning on texinfo input format.) (./R-defs.texi
! Cannot read language file txi-en.tex.
\next ...ge {Cannot read language file txi-#1.tex}
                                                  \let \temp = \relax
\else ...
l.1 @documentlanguage en

?
<snip>

Output written on R-admin.pdf (25 pages, 195191 bytes).
Transcript written on R-admin.log.
make[1]: *** [R-admin.pdf] Error 1
make: *** [docs] Error 2