[Rd] PSM function in Design package (PR#6525)

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Mon Feb 2 18:54:37 MET 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 volontir at yahoo.com wrote:

> Full_Name: Oleg Raisky
> Version: 1.8.1
> OS: Windows 2000
> Submission from: (NULL) (63.246.203.107)
>

> This is a completely fresh R install. I'm trying to use Design package. Every
> time I run the first example for psm() I'm getting an error <<couldn't find
> function "survreg.fit">>.  However, survreg.fit does exists in the search path.
> Is there something I can do to fix this?

No, survreg.fit doesn't exist in the search path.  The survival package
does.

You have incompatible versions of survival and Design.  The most recent
version of survival for 1.8.x doesn't export survreg.fit, so it needs a
version of Design that references it as survival:::survreg.fit. I think
you need either a newer version of Design or an older version of survival
(or you can define
  survreg.fit<-survival:::survreg.fit
as a work-around)

This problem goes away with the version of survival for R-devel, which
does export survreg.fit (and survfit.km), at Frank Harrell's request.

	-thomas