[Rd] 3D api for device

l.bize at wanadoo.fr l.bize at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 5 13:57:43 MET 2004

>> Hello.
>> Do the core team plans to add new device procedure
>> for 3D drawing in the NewDevDesc struct ?
>

> Some of us have talked about providing an extension mechanism so that
> it is possible for third-party code to add to the list of device
> procedures (without having to recompile R), but are only at the stage
> of deciding that this would be a nice thing to do.

Ok.
The glx device is pretty advanced with  the 2D stuff and I'm thinking
about the 3D stuff.

In a first time I would replace coordinates parameters with a list which
hold the coordinates.
To be less intrusive I'm going to clone old procedures in new one with
this coordinates list.

I'll keep you informed about this device,

    Laurent