[Rd] Graphics device API

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at math.uni-augsburg.de
Mon Feb 9 23:46:59 MET 2004

I just wrote a graphics device taking the X11 device in R-devel as a
guide (I was told it's the reference device). It works perfectly with
R-devel, but I just noticed that the API (e.g. the use of
R_GE_gcontext) is incompatible with previous versions of R. Is the
current API in R-devel set in stone or are there any further plans to
change the API? (If so, how far?) Also, is there any 'recommended' or
'official' way to provide compatibility (beside using wrappers in
various #ifdef's..)?

Thanks,
Simon

---
Simon Urbanek
Department of computer oriented statistics and data analysis
Universitätsstr. 14
86135 Augsburg
Germany

Tel: +49-821-598-2236