[Rd] src/scripts/Makefile bug (PR#6598)

Atro Tossavainen atossava at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Feb 19 12:05:10 MET 2004

Kurt,

> Which would then fail for people who for some reason have # in their
> file path.  I am not sure there is an easy fix for the problem.  One
> idea might be setting up a pipeline which tries different separators.
>
> Any other ideas?

Your point is of course valid, but I'm not aware of any systems that
habitually use the number sign as a path component (which should not
be taken as proof that such systems do not exist, of course), whereas
in AFS, the @ sign appears everywhere because of the "magic" @sys
component.

I doubt it would be possible to use the null character as the separator
in sed, but if so, I seem to recall that it cannot appear in file names...

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,