[Rd] Segmentation fault with fix() (PR#6605)

f.gherardini at pigrecodata.net f.gherardini at pigrecodata.net
Mon Feb 23 01:27:34 MET 2004

Full_Name: Federico Gherardini
Version: 1.8.1
OS: Gentoo linux
Submission from: (NULL) (81.208.36.89)

When I use fix() to edit a matrix R immediately quits with a segmentation fault
if I use the copy button in the graphical device window. Clicking on the name of
the variables completely  messes up the screen too. In this case you have to
close the grahpic device and call fix() again.
I've compiled R from sources on a pentium4 with these falgs:
CFLAGS="-march=pentium4 -O2 -pipe -msse -msse2 -mmmx"
CXXFLAGS=CFLAGS
and on a Celeron (Mendocino) with these:
CFLAGS="-march=i686 -O2 -pipe -mmmx"
CXXFLAGS=CFLAGS
and I've also tried to use both nano and vim as editors. In each case I always
get the same error on both computers