[Rd] Possible error in ?axTicks

Marc Schwartz MSchwartz at medanalytics.com
Tue Feb 24 16:11:26 MET 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 09:03, Martin Maechler wrote:
> Thank you, Marc, for finding this, and doing all the detective
> work.
> I've corrected the lapsus (which is my fault, as author of axTicks()).
>
> Martin

Martin,

Thanks for your follow up on this and the confirmation.

Most of all, thanks for axTicks()!

Besides  being of substantial help day-to-day, it helped me solve a
major problem in barplot2() in the gregmisc package as part of
supporting log scaling on the axes.

Without axTicks(), I had to contrive some workarounds in the early
versions of barplot2() to generate some decent looking default axis
annotation. axTicks made the axis behavior in this situation more
consistent with other functions.

Best regards,

Marc