[Rd] Spam filter on r-bugs

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Thu Jan 8 18:45:44 MET 2004

As some may have noticed, the incoming box on r-bugs was getting
contaminated with about 40 times more spam than regular bug reports.
Since I had more important things to do this week (nothing like
evations to get some things done...) I finally got spamassassin and
procmail set up. Looks like that has pretty much stopped the traffic.

There is some risk, probably quite low, that this might catch regular
reports and whereas I do collect the rejects, I'm not likely to check
them with any regularity. If this happens to you, please rewrite to
make the report less spam-like... In particular, check that you are
not sending HTML contents.