[Rd] return() undocumented (PR#6424)

Scot Wilcoxon Scot at wilcoxon.org
Sat Jan 10 19:55:48 MET 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 09:37, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
> Scot at wilcoxon.org writes:
>
> > Full_Name: Scot Wilcoxon
> > Version: 1.8.1
> > OS: Linux
> > Submission from: (NULL) (209.98.144.16)
> >

> > return() is not documented.
> >
> > It should also be mentioned in the R Reference section for function().
> > Apparently the last result of a function is the return value from a function,
> > except when the function is terminated with a return() with an argument.
>
> Eh??? What does help(return) say on your system? Mine has
>
> Usage:
>
>      function( arglist ) expr
>      return(value)
>      If 'value' is missing, 'NULL' is returned.  If it is a single
>      expression, the value of the evaluated expression is returned.
>
>      If the end of a function is reached without calling 'return', the
>      value of the last evaluated expression is returned.

Oh.
It didn't occur to me to ask help(), which I could have because I know
what I need.
I was looking at the R Language Definition (draft).

Excuse me for a moment.  A moment which you won't notice, as I must
build a time machine and change my bug report to "not documented in the
R Language Definition (draft)".