[Rd] Wish list

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Sun Jan 18 22:54:36 MET 2004

rossini at blindglobe.net (A.J. Rossini) writes:

> Bugzilla is a pain-in-the-arse to maintain, unless they've improved it
> in the last 9 months.  Just my two cents...

It might have (and I wouldn't mind replacing Jitterbug with something
that is actually maintained itself!), but there's another rear-end problem...

Who's going to do the actual work?

This means both fixing bugs and keeping the bug repository current.
This is not easy, even for base R. We have the Jitterbug r-bugs site,
which at least helps us not to forget bugs that have been reported,
but we often forget to close bugs as they are fixed and it often takes
a while before someone gets around to sorting the incoming directory.
This work is not going away with a more advanced system, and getting
the - hmmm - "varied" group of package maintainers to participate
sounds like a can of worms to me.