[Rd] Error: unknown identifier {|} in tabular format {|l|c|c|c|}

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 20 10:20:51 MET 2004

You appear to be writing latex, but I guess this is part of an Rd file.
Do read `Writing R Extensions' for the description of the actual
Rd language (which does not have that format specifier}.

\hline is not part of the Rd language either, and you will need the
two-argument form of \eqn{} for expressions like those.

Finally, it is not `build' that chokes, but `INSTALL' called by `build
--binary'.  It is often much easier to see what is going on by calling
INSTALL directly.