[Rd] \middle in Rd.sty conflicts with newer LaTeX?

Na Li nali at umn.edu
Thu Jul 1 19:21:11 CEST 2004

On 1 Jul 2004, Brian Ripley uttered the following:

> The conflict is with e-tex.  Please use latex, not e-latex.
>
> This comes up on MikTeX (Windows) too.  We'll try to work around this
> for the next release.

Thanks.  However I couldn't figure out how to have etex run in
compatibility mode with GWTeX.  For now I just changed \middle -> \Rmiddle
in Rd.sty and everything seems to be working.  I did some poking around
and did not find \middle is used anywhere except in Rd.sty.

Michael

--
Na (Michael) Li, Ph.D.
Division of Biostatistics          A443 Mayo Building, MMC 303
Phone: (612) 626-4765              Email: nali at umn.edu
Fax:   (612) 626-0660              http://www.biostat.umn.edu/~nali