[Rd] DSTEIN error (PR#7047)

ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jul 3 07:41:06 CEST 2004

What does `R crashes' mean?  Please see the R posting guide.

I think the error message indicates a bug in MacOS X.  What made you think
this was a bug in R?  (It depends of course what `crashes' meant - if the
R application aborted it would be, but not if it just gave an error
message (hardly a crash) nor if the MacOS runtime aborted.)

The code runs to completion on Windows and Linux with a variety of BLASes,
including that supplied with R (which MacOS X is unable to use as it is
Fortran).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk