[Rd] Reproducible Rterm crash. (PR#7072)

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan at stat.wisc.edu
Sat Jul 10 03:06:25 CEST 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 14:28, rmh at temple.edu wrote:

I didn't get a crash (on Windows 2000) with XEmacs/ESS, so this is
likely to be related to amount of memory.

> I repeated the exercise on Windows NT4 and the resize worked
> correctly. The graph itself was still empty.  This example works
> correctly on S-Plus and generates a series of wireplots of a rotated
> bivariate normal density.

There are a couple of issues here. panel.wireframe() has a very
different argument list in S-PLUS and lattice, and even though the ones
you have used are common to both, the sequence is different. Using
named arguments should fix this, i.e., use

        panel = function(x, y, subscripts, z, angle, ...)
        {
          w <- unique(angle[subscripts])
-         panel.wireframe(x, y, subscripts, z,
+         panel.wireframe(x = x, y = y, subscripts = subscripts, z = z,
                          screen = list(z = w, x = -60, y = 0), ...)
        },

This will give you non-empty panels, but not different angles of
rotation. This is because panel.wireframe doesn't handle screen, the
top-level function (wireframe) does. There's no good reason for this
behavior, so I'll fix it. But since this would be an API change, I
don't think I should do it in a stable update. I can send you a patched
version privately if you wish.

Deepayan