[Rd] lattice (PR#7093)

ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Jul 15 09:53:39 CEST 2004

michael.cole at unisg.ch wrote:

> Full_Name: michael cole
> Version: 1.9.1
> OS: Windows
> Submission from: (NULL) (80.219.153.13)
>

> When trying to install lattice graphics... I receieve the following:
>
> trying URL `http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/1.9/lattice_0.9-16.zip'
> Content type `application/zip' length 496618 bytes
> opened URL
> downloaded 484Kb
>
> package 'lattice' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
> Error in unpackPkg(foundpkgs[okp, 2], pkgnames[okp], lib, installWithVers) :
>         Can not remove prior installation of package

That's not bug in R! Please send questions to r-help rather than r-bugs.

Either you have no write access to the library install.packages() tries
to install the package in, or you have loaded lattice before and Windows
has locked some files (probably the any dll or help file).

If the former, try to install into a different library you have got
write access to.
If the latter, restart R without loading the library and try again.

Uwe Ligges