[Rd] rsync -> cvs down?

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Mon Jul 19 19:38:26 CEST 2004

Marc Schwartz wrote:

> I am not able to access cvs via rsync today. Is the service down?

Yes.  We should have sent email about it to r-devel but it has been a
hectic several days.

The bad news is that the newly installed cvs.r-project.org machine,
which is also rsync.r-project.org, was compromised and we had to take it
off the net.

The good news is that, thanks to heroic efforts by Martin Maechler and
Deepayan Sarkar, the CVS repository has been transformed to Subversion
and is available at http://svn.r-project.org/R/ (and at
https://svn.r-project.org/R/ but SSL is probably only needed by those
doing commits).  If you have a Subversion client (see
http://subversion.tigris.org - those using Windows may also want to look
at http://tortoiseSVN.tigris.org/) you can check out and update the
current r-devel from http://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/ and the current
R-patched from http://svn.r-project.org/R/branches/R-1-9-patches/