[Rd] vector documentation error?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Jul 21 14:47:01 CEST 2004

      The help file for "vector" in R 1.9.1 for Windows includes the
following:

     x <- c(a = 1, b = 2)
     is.vector(x)
     as.vector(x)
     all.equal(x, as.vector(x)) ## FALSE

      I ran this just now and got TRUE.

      Should I bother to report such things?  If yes, to whom?

      Thanks for all your hard work to make R a reality.  It makes it so
much easier to develop new statistical methods for almost any purpose
and through that to contribute to building a better world for all.

      Sincerely, Spencer Graves

p.s.  Please excuse if I'm sending this to the wrong address.  I went to
www.r-project.org -> Mailing Lists and double clicked on an apparent hot
link to "r-bugs" and got nothing (in Netscape 7.1 under Windows 2000).
Therefore, I decided to send this to r-devel.