[Rd] Saving Trellis Graphics in R 1.9.0. (PR#6915)

rpeng at jhsph.edu rpeng at jhsph.edu
Thu Jun 3 15:06:07 CEST 2004

An even simpler example that doesn't work for me (on Linux) is:

library(lattice)
xyplot(0 ~ 0)
dev.copy2eps(file = "asdf.ps")

The file `asdf.ps' is reproduced at the bottom.  It appears blank when
viewed in gv.  What does work for me is to do

trellis.device(dev = postscript, file = "asdf.ps", ...etc...)
xyplot(0 ~ 0)
dev.off()

This problem persists in recent R-devel with lattice 0.9-12.

 > version
          _
platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
arch     i686
os       linux-gnu
system   i686, linux-gnu
status   Under development (unstable)
major    2
minor    0.0
year     2004
month    06
day      03
language R

-roger

%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
%%DocumentNeededResources: font Helvetica
%%+ font Helvetica-Bold
%%+ font Helvetica-Oblique
%%+ font Helvetica-BoldOblique
%%+ font Symbol
%%Title: R Graphics Output
%%Creator: R Software
%%Pages: (atend)
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 503 503
%%EndComments
%%BeginProlog
/bp  { gs gs } def
% begin .ps.prolog
/gs  { gsave } def
/gr  { grestore } def
/ep  { showpage gr gr } def
/m   { moveto } def
/l  { rlineto } def
/np  { newpath } def
/cp  { closepath } def
/f   { fill } def
/o   { stroke } def
/c   { newpath 0 360 arc } def
/r   { 4 2 roll moveto 1 copy 3 -1 roll exch 0 exch rlineto 0 rlineto
-1 mul 0 e
xch rlineto closepath } def
/p1  { stroke } def
/p2  { gsave bg setrgbcolor fill grestore newpath } def
/p3  { gsave bg setrgbcolor fill grestore stroke } def
/t   { 6 -2 roll moveto gsave rotate
        ps mul neg 0 2 1 roll rmoveto
        1 index stringwidth pop
        mul neg 0 rmoveto show grestore } def
/cl  { grestore gsave newpath 3 index 3 index moveto 1 index
        4 -1 roll lineto  exch 1 index lineto lineto
        closepath clip newpath } def
/rgb { setrgbcolor } def
/s   { scalefont setfont } def
/R   { /Font1 findfont } def
/B   { /Font2 findfont } def
/I   { /Font3 findfont } def
/BI  { /Font4 findfont } def
/S   { /Font5 findfont } def
1 setlinecap 1 setlinejoin
% end   .ps.prolog
%%IncludeResource: font Helvetica
...skipping...
   currentdict
   end
/Font3 exch definefont pop
%%IncludeResource: font Helvetica-BoldOblique
/Helvetica-BoldOblique findfont
dup length dict begin
   {1 index /FID ne {def} {pop pop} ifelse} forall
   /Encoding ISOLatin1Encoding def
   currentdict
   end
/Font4 exch definefont pop
%%IncludeResource: font Symbol
/Symbol findfont
dup length dict begin
   {1 index /FID ne {def} {pop pop} ifelse} forall
   currentdict
   end
/Font5 exch definefont pop
%%EndProlog