[Rd] Package installation

Toralf Kirsten tkirsten at izbi.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Jun 10 18:42:58 CEST 2004

Hi Uwe,
thanks for your fast response.

The content of the file izbi/R/First.lib.R of the source package is as
follows:
*************
.First.lib <- function(libname, pkgname) {
   library.dynam("izbi", package = pkgname, lib.loc = libname)
   data(COLS, package=izbi)
   data(ROWS, package=izbi)
}
*************

The check command also fails (see below).
Any hints?
Toralf

/u/geware/programs/analysis/R-packages (root) ->R CMD check izbi
* checking for working latex ... OK
* using log directory '/u/geware/programs/analysis/R-packages/izbi.Rcheck'
* checking for file 'izbi/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK

* Installing *source* package 'izbi' ...
** libs
make: `izbi.so' is up to date.
** R
** data
** help
  >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'izbi'
      Formats: text html latex example
   COLS                              text    html    latex
   ROWS                              text    html    latex
   bin                               text    html    latex   example
   cor.total                         text    html    latex   example
   data.mat                          text    html    latex   example
   fac                               text    html    latex   example
   ubeta                             text    html    latex   example
   umbeta                            text    html    latex   example
   wy.clust                          text    html    latex   example
   wy.grps                           text    html    latex   example
   wy.uvar                           text    html    latex   example
* DONE (izbi)

* checking package directory ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
* checking R files for library.dynam ... OK
* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... WARNING
Error in .tryQuietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :
         .First.lib failed
Execution halted
* checking for replacement functions with final arg not named 'value'
... WARNING
Error in .tryQuietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :
         .First.lib failed
Execution halted
* checking foreign function calls ... WARNING
Error in .tryQuietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :
         .First.lib failed
Execution halted
* checking Rd files ... WARNING
Rd files with non-standard keywords:
   'man/fac.Rd': ~kwd2 ~kwd1
   'man/data.mat.Rd': ~kwd2 ~kwd1
   'man/wy.clust.Rd': ~kwd2 ~kwd1
   'man/bin.Rd': ~kwd2 ~kwd1
   'man/wy.uvar.Rd': ~kwd2 ~kwd1
   'man/cor.total.Rd': ~kwd2 correlation ~kwd1
   'man/wy.grps.Rd': ~kwd2 ~kwd1
   'man/ubeta.Rd': ~kwd2 ~kwd1
   'man/umbeta.Rd': ~kwd2 ~kwd1
Each '\keyword' entry should specify one of the standard keywords (as
listed in file 'KEYWORDS.db' in the 'doc' subdirectory of the R home
directory).
See chapter 'Writing R documentation files' in manual 'Writing R
Extensions'.
* checking for missing documentation entries ... ERROR

Uwe Ligges wrote:

> Toralf Kirsten wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I'm very new to R.
>> I have installed R 1.9.0 on Linux (Fedora).
>>
>> Now I got an self-made package comprising R functions as well as
>> C-Code which are used in several R functions.
>>
>> I installed the package without any error (see install log below).
>> Then, I checked in /usr/lib/R/library if the package izbi exists and
>> it exists.
>>
>> But whenever I try to load the library on the command line I got the
>> following error.
>>  > library(izbi)
>> Error in .find.package(package, lib.loc, verbose = verbose) :
>>         Object "izbi" not found
>> Error in library(izbi) : .First.lib failed
>

> Hmm. What is your actual library.dynam() call in .First.lib()?
>
> Do you have read access to all the files in /usr/lib/R/library/izbi (in
> particular to ..../izbi/lib/izbi.so - and does it exist)?
>
> Running R CMD check might give additional hints ...
>
> Uwe Ligges
>

>> Unfortunately, the whole package is written and tested under R 1.8.0
>> on Linux (RedHat 9.0) and there are no problems loading and working
>> with the library. To have a more cross check I installed the same
>> package on my laptop using SUSE Linux with R 1.8.0. Ther are also no
>> problems with loading and working with the package.
>>

>> Does anybody knows what I can do?
>> Many thanks, Toralf
>>
>> PS: If you need more info please let me know.

<snip>