[Rd] Survey: "Motivation of Free/Open Source Software (F/OSS) Developers"

Marc Röttig marc-roettig at web.de
Mon Jun 28 22:52:51 CEST 2004

Survey: "Motivation of Free/Open Source Software (F/OSS) Developers"

We (Marc Röttig and Carl-Daniel Hailfinger) are currently working
on a survey on the motivation of open source developers as part of
a "Computer Science and Society" project at the CS department of the
University of Tübingen. We invite every developer in the Free / Open
Source Software community to help us with our survey by filling out
a little web form to give us some hints on possible motivation-motifs
of F/OSS-developers.

You can find the survey-form at

                     http://foss.ta-altensteig.de/

Privacy statement:
We do not want to collect personal information about you without
your agreement. That's why we do not ask for your name and give
you the ability to leave personal information unspecified (age
and profession). We (the authors) will not make the raw survey
data available to anyone except members of our faculty for
verification of proper scientific procedures in extracting the
results.

Thank you in advance for your support. You can reach our CS faculty at

                    http://informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/