[Rd] Schedule for R 1.9.0

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Mar 1 01:18:49 MET 2004

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 10:26:04PM +0100, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
> Package maintainers may want to take notice of important dates and
> make sure that their packages still work with the alpha/beta releases
> or work on making a 1.9.x comaptible version.
>
> As usual, everybody is encouraged to try out the preliminary releases
> and report back so that we can get the last wrinkles ironed out before
> release.

FWIW I just uploaded a first 1.9.0 snapshot to Debian as
'1.8.1.cvs.20040229-1' [1] and intend to release weekly updates up to the
release which should always be available on Debian mirrors a day or two later.

Hth, Dirk

[1] The version number is awkward, its main purpose is to sort higher than
1.8.1 and lower than 1.9.0.

--
The relationship between the computed price and reality is as yet unknown.
                                             -- From the pac(8) manual page