[Rd] Some timings for 64 bit Opteron (ATLAS, GOTO, std)

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Mar 2 20:56:48 MET 2004

"Liaw, Andy" <andy_liaw at merck.com> writes:

> My understanding is far below `imperfect'!  However, our box has all 8 slots
> filled with 2GB PC2100s...  Not a whole lot of room for change.

Right. Mine, however, has only 1G split as 4 x 256K over the 4+2 slots
with 2 in each bank, and there was a reason why this was the right way
for that amount of memory. (The intention is to buy more when the
memory prices drop, but just now one 2GB module is about 1500USD
around here, and I seem to need 4, so I think I might wait a little
longer...on the other hand 1GB modules are available at 200USD. Hmmm.)